Wednesday, June 13, 2007

London!






Picture: These guards are what I wanted to see, but didn't get to, because these uniforms are too hot in the summer.

Okay, so after a horrible flight, it was too late to do anything on Tuesday, so I ate dinner, read some of my required reading and went to bed. I couldn't get in touch with my British friends, so unfortunately, I didn't get to see them. Maybe I can see them on my way back. Anyway, after having bad effects (stomach and head) from jetlag, I got off to a late start this morning, Wednesday, and took the tube to Green Park. I proceeded to go to Buckingham Palace, following signs all around the park that contradicted each other in terms of directions. The guards weren't wearing their traditional garb, because it was a warm day :o(. Because of the sign contradictions, I ended up (after the palace) in St. James Park and attempted to find Westminster Abby. After learning that it was a thirty minute walk from the park, (and after walking over 3 miles to find the park exit to Westminster), I decided it would be another time and left to go back to my hotel, The Royal National Hotel, which sounded better on the British Airways site than it really was. But I had an okay time in London.

No comments: